The Garden Now
|Image: Verdant and lush WSV Sasaki Garden|
The Proposed Replacement
|Image: Highly paved interior of the North Block under NYU 2031 (source)|
The NYU 20 Year Expansion Plan (or NYU 2031) has to undergo a Uniform Land Use Review Procedure (ULURP) which will begin in January 2012. The first round of hearings will be conducted by Community Board 2.
1. Monday, January 9: Land Use & Business Development: NYU will present its overall proposal.
2. Tuesday, January 10: Traffic & Transportation: What are the implications of the NYU plan on traffic, pedestrian uses and mass transit?
3. Thursday, January 12: Parks, Recreation & Open Space: How does the NYU plan impact public open space?
4. Tuesday, January 17: Social Services & Education: Does the community support adding a public school to the superblocks and what are the plans for such a school?
5. Wednesday, January 18: Environment, Public Safety & Public Health: Will NYU’s proposal affect local environmental conditions?
The above dates are subject to change so please check the CB2 NYU 2031 webpage for updated information.