The dedication in Shade Trees in Towns and Cities (William Solotaroff, 1912) reads,
To every town and city dweller this book is earnestly dedicated.
Evelyn Herwitz partly dedicated Trees at Risk: Reclaiming an Urban Forest (2001) to
...all the children of Worcester, who will inherit the trees
These two books are culled from my proposal bibliography. It is not a comprehensive list, so please add titles in a comment.
- Republic of Shade: New England and the American Elm (2005) - Thomas J. Campanella
- Urban Forestry: Planning and Managing Urban Greenspaces (1997) - Robert W. Miller
- Urban Forest Landscapes (1995) - Gordon A. Bradley, ed.
Ffavor of trees" in A Sense of Place, a Sense of Time (1994) - J.B. Jackson
- Street Trees: A Manual for Municipalities (1993) - Richard D. Schein
- "Street trees" in The Flight of the Iguana (1988) - David Quammen
- The Granite Garden: Urban Nature and Human Design (1984) - Anne Whiston Spirn
- Trees in the City (1977) - Ira Bruce Nadel, Cornelia Hahn Oberlander